Soon To Be New NIro Owner

New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
AlanHo

Post by AlanHo »

I ordered a new Niro 2 ADAP in Flat White last week and will be part exchanging my 2015 12 month old Venga 3 6 speed auto.

The dealer has yet to give me a delivery forecast for the NIro. I suspect it will be a long wait - but I made the deal conditional on it arriving before the end of March for VED reasons.

My first job after the new car arrives wil be to get front parking sensors and a power supply in the boot installed. I need the boot power socket to power a rear mounted car cam. My front dash cam can be powered from the power socket in the front binnacle - as can a GPS head-up speed display unit to be mounted on the dash.

One thing I am not looking forward to is the foot operated parking brake. I lived in the USA for several months a few years back and never got to like them. Perhaps now I am old and wise common sense will prevail and I will get used to it.

This NIro will definitely be my last car - I will soon be 80 and a further 7 years driving should prove to be about enough.
Currently Sept 2021 Niro 3 HEV in Ocean Blue

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy it and get used to the foot operated parking brake. I must admit I think an electronic button is the way forward.
M. Irvine.

Post by M. Irvine. »

Electric handbrakes on other cars have not had a very good 'track record'. Like AlanHo, give me a foot operated parking brake any time!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post