Waiting game

New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
Ritz

Post by Ritz »

Hi Just placed my order for Niro 2 with ADAP in Ocean Blue a couple of weeks ago, now just wait..... Have been told by dealer that it will about 2-3 months hopefully get an update soon.
Really like the car and fits our requirements really well and going from my current Saab, which averages 20mpg to hybrid Niro will be a big change.

Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Welcome Ritz. I'm sure you will find a Niro restores your interest in motoring. What I'm finding is that even suburban crawl is more bearable with a Niro. Hope it lasts.
Mike R
Niro 2 Black [no additional driving aids] Since 1 Sept 2016
Previously: Sportage KX2awd on11 plate
djbobbins

Post by djbobbins »

I ordered exactly the same car, colour and ADAP on 16th Feb; I am being told by Lex (my company's fleet provider) that it is due in stock on 27th May and delivery to me will probably be a week or so after that.

Hope yours arrives in a more timely manner!
Ritz

Post by Ritz »

Resigning myself to around July time, just hope it's here before summer hols.

Anyone bought any accessories roof bars, rear bumper protection film?
Steve

Post by Steve »

You will need floor mats £48 from Kia so i was told , £46 genuine on Ebay posted ..... I've replace my head light bulbs with LED , and what a transformation , as the side lights are LED , its a perfect colour match , and makes the car look really classy , with a perfect beam Patten , but you do have to modify head light bulb cover , as these bulbs are big .
Steve
Niro 2 in Black . LED headlight conversion .
Previous car.... Ford Kuga 163 . 2011
djbobbins

Post by djbobbins »

Ritz wrote:Resigning myself to around July time, just hope it's here before summer hols.

Anyone bought any accessories roof bars, rear bumper protection film?
My timescale was driven by the end of my current lease car contract and also summer holidays - got a trip to the French Alps, Turin and maybe the Med planned this summer. I'm looking forward to the ADAP and lane keep assist for the long hours on the Autoroute! I am hoping my car is already on a ship somewhere; I understand it's about 45 days by ship from Korea to the UK so if it's going to be in stock by the scheduled 27th May it should be en route already.

I have got about four different set of roof bars from previous vehicles - including my current Skoda Yeti, which also has shaped roof rails - so I'm planning to try and put together a set that will fit the Niro; if this isn't feasible I'll buy roof bars. Lex Autolease provide a set of mats (I guess protecting the carpets helps the resale value) but I'd not planned on getting any other accessories. I've heard a few mentions of rear bumper protection film; is the risk of scratching something specific to the Niro or just general for a car with body coloured bumpers and a relatively high lip edge to lift things over?
Ritz

Post by Ritz »

I only considered the bumper film after seeing it on the accessories list and this being our first lease car would help prevent scratches.
Emperor

Post by Emperor »

Ordered my BlueNiro 2 with Adapt Pack, (and front sensors to be dealer fitted on arrival) on 31st December 2016, naturally hoping to beat the 31/03/17 new UK tax hyke.
Eventually got told that it would not be on the production line until March11 with a possible arrival date by 23rd May! Given that in early June my current vehicle will require annual service and MoT, I am and will not best pleased if it arrives after the new stated date.
Kia Customer Services have offered me the 3 year service + MoT pack free, as a good will gesture. Not exactly a stunning start to my dealings with Kia and especially so after the impeccable albeit expensive customer care I have received over the years from Mercedes.
Have also tracked down where to purchase a space saver spare wheel as I am not a great fan of the whipped cream kit
that seems to be the norm these days (The WheelShop-£129... seems to be about the only place in the U.K.)
Only hope that after all that I've experienced so far the Niro proves to be a good buy...if not it may well be a speedy "good bye"!
If any one can boost my confidence in the car's credentials, I'd sure like to hear from them.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Not sure about telling anyone what makes a good car for them, it's always a very individual choice. I like that it is a SUV first and a hybrid second, that it is quiet and relaxing to drive, and that I'm getting 55mpg - 66 mpg in normal suburban usage. Now that I've 'run it in', I'm using the 'power' section of the driving indicator, and find the acceleration more than acceptable. I like that I can have a full-size spare as the trk pump is useless. I like the av interface and the dashboard range of information. I've switched to using the digital speedo, as it needs just a quick look compared to the dial that distracts that little bit longer. Think the satnav could provide a little more further forward information, but it gets you there. Given the concerns about pollution, I think it is a good car for the times.

My one concern is the hard braking performance. Near me is a long steep hill ending at a roundabout. This required firm braking over a 300yd distance and on several occasions as I got to about 50 yds from the roundabout the braking suddenly felt as if it lost grip and required me to quickly increase the pressure on the brake pedal. I now brake much more firmly earlier in the descent and arrive more slowly at the roundabout, this seems to be a better approach. It is the only real change to my driving style that the Niro has needed, but now I brake firmly immediately I see any situation developing.
Last edited by Greenman on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mike R
Niro 2 Black [no additional driving aids] Since 1 Sept 2016
Previously: Sportage KX2awd on11 plate
Emperor

Post by Emperor »

Thanks Greenman. It's good to read of your positive findings.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post