Waiting game

New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Since writing about the braking 'surge', I've been back to the hill for a couple of checks. Now obviously I don't want to take any risks, so the check is a bit curtailed, but it seems better. I'm making a huge assumption that the cause was the electric motor dropping out of the braking cycle at low speeds and suddenly transferring the full load to the hydraulics. So possibly the recall that they did to cure the hesitation in pick-up at the point of a stop, quickly followed by acceleration e.g. at a junction with no traffic in sight, may have also changed the braking cycle? Or possibly it is just due to settling down with use? I'd be glad to hear of any other experiences.
Mike R
Niro 2 Black [no additional driving aids] Since 1 Sept 2016
Previously: Sportage KX2awd on11 plate

deguy

Post by deguy »

Emperor wrote:Ordered my BlueNiro 2 with Adapt Pack, (and front sensors to be dealer fitted on arrival) on 31st December 2016, [...] with a possible arrival date by 23rd May!
Probably won't comfort you much, but I ordered my Ocean Blue Kia Niro 'Spirit' (German spec somewhere between 2nd & 3rd Edition) on 25th November and the dealer is now quoting me Wk19 (8-12th May), which he helpfully explained as 'mid-to-end May', originally quoted as end March. He added that he is quoting 7 month delivery time for new orders.
Emperor wrote:Kia Customer Services have offered me the 3 year service + MoT pack free, as a good will gesture. Not exactly a stunning start to my dealings with Kia and especially so after the impeccable albeit expensive customer care I have received over the years from Mercedes.
That's a result with the service pack and MOT! I'm not sure if they even have these service packs here in Germany. Like you say, the waiting game does rather spoil the initial impression of Kia service, and like yourself I am a first-time buyer coming over from Mercedes, although I was unhappy with how they ignored me on the now infamous built-to-fail sunroof on the B-Class, so sometimes you just can't win.
Niro Spirit 2017 HEV in Ocean Blue (German spec similar to First Edition without ADAP)
Previously: Mercedes B-Class 200CDI Autotronic
Ritz

Post by Ritz »

Just had an update on my delivery date and now looking around mid August.
Managed to see first couple of Niros on the road at the weekend. One just outside Lytham on Friday and then another on Saturday on M5 southbound.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Trust , me its worth waiting for . Driving this car , is better than sex , and when in sport mode , whoo hoo , its quick .
Steve
Niro 2 in Black . LED headlight conversion .
Previous car.... Ford Kuga 163 . 2011
Ritz

Post by Ritz »

I'm glad it's got a bit of get up and go, although I'm sure it will feel slow compared to my current Saab which has near 300bhp, but I am looking forward getting maximum mpg from the Niro and of course the toys
djbobbins

Post by djbobbins »

Checked my scheduled delivery date again today. From order date of 12th Feb, delivery into dealer stock remains scheduled for 27th May. I am guessing I will receive it one to two weeks later. That will make it just under four months from order to receipt - I'll console myself that over a third of that time is for a ship to steam at about 8-10 knots from South Korea.
Emperor

Post by Emperor »

Likewise; just checked my arrival date through Kia Customer Services UK. My Dec '16 ordered Niro2 with ADAP is scheduled to arrive 21st.May and be at my dealership 1st.June! With the caveat of " Probably"!
djbobbins

Post by djbobbins »

Called in at my local dealership yesterday; they said there is a ship due to arrive in the UK in late May - this could explain why a number of people have got delivery dates of late May / early June.

Dealer was very helpful in showing me around a Niro 2; looks like I might need to be ordering some roofbars though - the roof rails are very wide and the boot space is less than I'd remembered :-(
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi djbobbins and emperor. Reference spare wheel and tailgate protection. Spare wheel / space saver ; did not know space saver was available for Niro but several people have said wanted something. Of course you need to buy jack wheel brace and will lose the small storage area under boot floor. Tailgate gets very dirty in wet weather due i think to stream lining mods of the car. For this reason a transparent or black cover for bumper is good idea to stop scratches.
Breaking techniques do require a !Ittle learning on the Niro due to regenerate system, however have never felt the car would not stop when needed. Have done 2 emergency​ stops and both times anti lock came on and felt Norma!
!Ike the car a lot but not the foot hand brake or the silly boot roller blind system with no Channels to guide it. Needs 2hands , took the whole thing out ,don't use at all.
H2onorth
Emperor

Post by Emperor »

Strikes me NO new car ever gets everything perfect. I know for sure I will miss certain things on my current Merc but not the dirty diesel, or noise through my hearing aids.
I've put solar panels on my roof and do organic gardening, so the for me the Niro seemed the right choice for ethical reasons more than for scintillating performance and a few missed bourgeoise conveniences!
The spare wheel comes with the jack from the Wheel Shop for £129. I'd still call out the emergency service to fit a spare, (having had open heart surgery) but carrying one gives that added security and means you don't have all the hassle of getting it back to the RAC/AA who are the only ones who carry the universal wheels.
Well, it's a May now, so let's see if Kia is better with its delivery promise than our current government!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post