new member here

New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
alexsala

Post by alexsala »

Hello forum, my name is alexsala and i love the niro.

but

i will state my case, i currently own an 2012 petrol hyundai i30, i drive daily, for work 14 miles of wich 7 are uphill and i get o consuption of 6 liters/ 1.6 gallons per mile. my question is, am gonna be able to reduce that consuption with the niro or not.

best regards,

M. Irvine.

Post by M. Irvine. »

You would have difficulty in buying any car that would not give a better result. Are you sure your present car uses 1.6 gall. of fuel per mile?
alexsala

Post by alexsala »

yes, that´s what it says on the dashboard. i would gladly attach a picture if it´s possible.
to be clear, my car is non turbo petrol and do daily 7 uphill miles, maybe that´s the cause ence why i´m looking for an hybrid or diesel car.
Ritz

Post by Ritz »

Normally car's display litres per 100km.
Which would work out at about 47mpg
alexsala

Post by alexsala »

oh right, it is per 100km, but still i find the comsuption quite high. isn´t it?
and my question still stands, would the consuption be better with this car given my case?

pd: please excuse the mistake.
alexsala

Post by alexsala »

One more question when you guys and girls talk about niro 1st editio 2 and 3 what are you refering to?
I also heard something about a connectable version, if so when is it due?
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

In the UK there are four levels of trim: Niro 1, Niro2, Niro3, and Niro FE. 1 and 2 have 16"/40cm wheels. 3 and FE 18"/45cm wheels. They have increasing levels of equipment, and the FE has ADAP and smart cruise control. 16" wheels supposedly give a more comfortable ride. In the UK originally the 1 and 2 had zero annual excise duty. From April all Niros are £140 annual charge . Connected means the ability to connect a smartphone for hands free operation and traffic/camera information for the navigation.
Mike R
Niro 2 Black [no additional driving aids] Since 1 Sept 2016
Previously: Sportage KX2awd on11 plate
alexsala

Post by alexsala »

Oh so they are the different trims.
By connectable i meant plugable as in being able to plug the car to recharge the batteries.
Any info on that?
Recycleman

Post by Recycleman »

The Niro is not a plugable recharge
alexsala

Post by alexsala »

i know it´s not Recycleman, but they told me in the conssionary that there would be a plugable version later this year but i can´t find any info on that.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post