Apple CarPlay Niro ‘2’ spec

All Kia Niro related discussions
YouTarzanMeJane

Post by YouTarzanMeJane »

Hi. I am about to buy the Niro EV but am still trying to decide between the ‘2’ and ‘3’ spec. My partner has Apple CarPlay in his car and it only works if you connect it with the cable. A Kia salesman told me that with the ‘2’ it connects over bluetooth (so you can use it for Sat nav) whereas on the ‘3’ it only works connected with the cable (because there is a built in Sat nav so is deemed less essential).

Can anyone confirm if this is indeed the case? Or does it always need to be plugged in?

Thanks

Deleted User 1053

Post by Deleted User 1053 »

Hi,
as far as I know you need the cable for navigation (CarPlay), Bluetooth is only for hands free telephone.
Seadoo180

Post by Seadoo180 »

I have the 2 spec definitely wireless for apple and Android.

Strangely I think the other spec is wired only, at least it was, even though it's a far more advanced system
YouTarzanMeJane

Post by YouTarzanMeJane »

Thanks @Seadoo180. The salesman said the same. Both of them in the showroom thought it was daft. Apparently it’s something to do with the fact there is a built in Sat nav in the 3 and 4 so it’s less inportwnt to be able to use the CarPlay. *shrug*
Suits me fine. I’d much rather have wireless CarPlay and would potentially have been willing to up spec to get it so Kia spec’d themselves out of an upgrade with me!!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post