NIRO Deliveries

All Kia Niro related discussions
AlanHo

Post by AlanHo »

There is a post today in the NIRO section of the KIA Owners Club UK that there is a delay on Niro deliveries. Cars ordered in September will not be on the production line until February - and so on.

I guess it takes a few weeks for the cars to be shipped here so it looks as though I will be lucky to get my car, which I ordered 20th October, before April. In which case I will cancel the order.

If that does happen - I may just wait until the plug-in Niro is introduced later in the year.
Currently Sept 2021 Niro 3 HEV in Ocean Blue

h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Is this confirmed by anyone else and is it official
PhillipM

Post by PhillipM »

Well we ordered our's in September should of arrived in late October. It hadn't even got on a boat by then to be shipped from Korea. We are still waiting and weren't informed of any delays until the day were meant to be picking it up when we phoned. A month and a 1/2 later we will be receiving the Niro in just a weeks time. FINALLY! Will post photos of it when it turns up. Hopefully no more delays.
Overthehill

Post by Overthehill »

Just ordered mine but it's a basic white 2 with no extras and they can see those on the system and are hopeful of a 1st week in January date. I asked about the DA package but there are none on the system so would have to be a factory build order - which they said would take more time
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

Sounds like i was lucky. Test drove one last week and said i would have it so they let me have the showroom model. Will have a new `3` spec one on the drive tomorrow.
Martinb

Post by Martinb »

Ordered end of August Niro2 in blue with ADAP just been advised current delivery date is 30 January. Has a chassis number so awaiting shipment from Korea hopefully.
Philmco

Post by Philmco »

1st edition in Blue coming late Jan. (Phil-m-co)
AlanHo

Post by AlanHo »

I was notified by Email from my dealer today that the Niro 2 ADAP in white I ordered on the 20th October was built today and being sent to the dock for shipment.

They cannot advise how long shipment to UK takes.

These may give us an insight into the logistics involved in moving cars between continents.

The Glovis fleet of around 30 ships varies in capacity between 3000 and 6500 cars per ship.

http://tinyurl.com/hm8fspk

http://tinyurl.com/hmdpvyq (However - I believe KIA use Immingham )

This site is useful for calculating shipping times from port to port

http://www.sea-distances.org/

Assuming the ship does not stop on the way - the approx. time taken to sail from Korea to UK at 12 knots is

Route via Suez canal 10,856 miles = 37 days

Route via Panama canal 12,979 miles = 45 days

Route via Cape of Good Hope 14,177 miles = 49 days
Currently Sept 2021 Niro 3 HEV in Ocean Blue
Dynobite71

Post by Dynobite71 »

Just been called, says delivery will be first week of January for my first addition Perl White, figures crossed, but I'll not hold my breath.
Overthehill

Post by Overthehill »

Overthehill wrote:Just ordered mine but it's a basic white 2 with no extras and they can see those on the system and are hopeful of a 1st week in January date. I asked about the DA package but there are none on the system so would have to be a factory build order - which they said would take more time
Had a call today saying I will be able to pick it up at the end of next week. We will see :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post