SATNAV speed camera warning

All Kia Niro related discussions
Recycleman

Post by Recycleman »

is the inbuilt satnav got speed camera warning if it has how do you set it up

AlanHo

Post by AlanHo »

I think you need to use Android Auto to get speed camera warnings. To the best of my research it is not a part of the Niro basic satnav.
Currently Sept 2021 Niro 3 HEV in Ocean Blue
Dynobite71

Post by Dynobite71 »

I've just googled the spec on the first addition, come with camera data base local weather and search. Waiting for delivery of mine so I'll let you know.
Overthehill

Post by Overthehill »

Based on tinkering briefly today - I had to set my iPhone up as a wireless hotspot and then connected the system to it. This gives access to the TomTom features including traffic and cameras. The satnav then gives a brief warning when approaching a camera
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi Guys. Not had any speed camera warnings on my set up using Android Auto, Is there a way of checking set up? I do get traffic updates but no speed camera . I was going to try google maps set instead to see if that gives speed camera warnings?
h2onorth
Dynobite71

Post by Dynobite71 »

I used my mobile windows 930 to provide "hot spot" tethering and got cameras and advance warning. Works really well. I think I get real time traffic as well but not used it for a long trip to check. I initially Google this and thought the sat nave came with the FE but proved wrong.
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi all
Found my reason for no speed camera warnings was due to set up error. Navigational settings come with speed cameras option unticked as apparently in some countries this function is illegal to use so needs to be fine med in UK to work. Regs h2onorth
Ianb1550

Post by Ianb1550 »

Picked up my first edition on wednesday, no speed camera warnings at all
Deleted User 399

Post by Deleted User 399 »

Hi, my FE definitely has speed camera alerts. Having said that the alert is very subtle, all you hear is a low (imho) tone which kind of disappears in the tones you get from other system sensors. I guess you can alter it and will have a try when I get the chance. As mentioned in an earlier post the default for camera alerts is off.
Suman

Post by Suman »

I'm curious to see how up to date the speed camera alerts are compared with the free Waze app that I use up to now. I pick my First Edition car up next Monday and Android Auto was a big selling point to me and convinced me to go for the Niro instead of a Prius.

I'm a beta tester for Waze so should hopefully be able to try it out in the car very soon :-)
Kia Stinger GTS in Panthera Metallic Grey
Previously: Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White, Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post