insurance - the cost of it!

All Kia Niro related discussions
peter bunce

Post by peter bunce »

Hi,

Whilst waiting for mine to appear (supposedly in the UK 5th Feb, I have been wandering the web re insurance for it, being a V2 with Adap.

My present insurer is too much (Saga), and via the comparison sites a figure from Co-Op Eco insurance for The continuing search for reasonable insurance --- I found a co-op insurance, but not them its 'budget insurance' of £241. They are 'Brokers'

Then looked for reviews of them with diametric results via the web, which I agree can be a 'mixed blessing.

Then I decided then to try 'Direct Line'

They quoted £317, which with their 'public standing' in the reviews seems about right for figures which range up to double that.

I will continue through January before 'making my mind up', but direct line seems to be the best at the moment.

Further to the above, the web indicates LV to be the best so I tried them. Rather high, bit includes commuting there being no SDP only, just SDP+commute. Their quote is £428, so that one is out.

All this is for 2x 73 year old drivers with no conditions etc., on drive parking, and 8000miles per year. On a Version 2 with ADAP, which makes no difference as it is 'Manufacturer fitted'

Yours Peter

h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi . Not sure of your insurance location or excess level, but assuming your quote includes courtesy car, personal accident cover and legal protection but not no claims protection? It's not bad quote. I found aviva lv and kwikfit all used in past by me as reasonable company's. Unfortunately as we get older they charge us more. I am based in North East so acheaper insurance area.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

In my case with Hastings Direct I was paying about £220 for my Sportage KX4. It came down to about £165 for the Niro. I do carry
a big voluntary excess though.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post