digital speedometer

All Kia Niro related discussions
peter bunce

Post by peter bunce »

Hi,

Does the Niro 2 have a digital speedometer (as a result of a switch somewhere)?

I have looked in the instruction book, and it is shown, but not how to change the display.

Yours Peter.
Last edited by peter bunce on Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MiguelG

Post by MiguelG »

Yep. Go to first item by pressing first button on your right hand and then switch down until you see that. If you are watching fuel consumption display just switch down several times your right lever
peter bunce

Post by peter bunce »

Hi,

Thanks MiguelG, worked it out and all is done - the display is much clearer.

Yours Peter.
AlanHo

Post by AlanHo »

My question is whether the speed display is accurate - most cars are calibrated to exaggerate the speed by a few percent. Hence when it shows say 60 mph you are actually only doing 56 mph etc.

When my Niro arrives, I will be checking the speedo against my Garmin Sat Nav and my GPS head up display when I get them installed.

I will also check the accuracy of the odometer against the kilometre distance boards over a drive on a motorway of at least 100 miles.

Both my Vengas have been 2.5% inaccurate - when the odometer showed I had done 100 miles - the actual distance travelled was actually 102.5 miles.

There is no point in checking the car's economy by brim to brim calculations unless the distance travelled on the last tank is corrected to allow for the odometer discrepancy.
Currently Sept 2021 Niro 3 HEV in Ocean Blue