Insurance

All Kia Niro related discussions
Martinb

Post by Martinb »

Have ADAP fitted on my Niro as a factory extra but had problems getting my insurance company to recognise the modification. They are treating my Niro 2 as a normal 2 and not offering me any discount for having Autonomous Emergency Braking fitted .

Has anyone had any problems or experience of this ?

M. Irvine.

Post by M. Irvine. »

I had a similar reply, but the very helpful person did say that the insurance industry was looking at the statistics, and cars with this facility did appear to be having fewer accidents. He went on to add that it might take a year, but it was likely a discount would be given for vehicles with this facility in the future. Probably more likely that cars without this feature will have higher premiums!
peter bunce

Post by peter bunce »

Hi,
That is the standard answer from the insurance at the moment - factory fitted = standard vehicle.

I found that was virtually standard in the insurance quotes; I finally took out insurance with Direct Line, which was half the cost of some others, and there was a discount for my house insurance which was also due.

Thank you for the line ' they are looking at it' , that will be borne in mind for later.

Peter Bunce
Bigtone1965

Post by Bigtone1965 »

My niro will be here mid July
As for insurance about £25 more than
My pro ceed gt line
Which I find not a problem
As for ADAP fitted the funny thing it would be more as some are finding you stop but there are more likely to be hit , all down to your insurance
Company same as telling them it will be parked in the garage, oh sir that's £40 more reason people do more damage parking in them then damage
Just parked on the drive .

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post