Voice recognition

All Kia Niro related discussions
jaybeess

Post by jaybeess »

I have a First Edition and wonder if anybody has been able to access the voice recognition screen, as shown on page 5.40 in the handbook?
I've had the Apple CarPlay update and since then when I press the voice button on the steering wheel I get a screen saying "Please connect a phone that supports Android Auto or Apple CarPlay via USB". ( I am not sure whether or not this has happened as a result of the update) This is the only option available.
Voice recognition works well via Siri when Apple CarPlay is connected.
Surely for all the people who do not want to use Android or Apple, voice recognition should be available to control the radio, media and phone via Bluetooth.
Am I missing a trick?

Suman

Post by Suman »

This happens to me too. According to page 2 of this document from Kia, having Android Auto enabled will disable regular voice recognition. I assume it's the same for Carplay.

http://www.kia.com/us/k3/content/media/ ... _guide.pdf

I wonder if you disable them from the menu, whether the voice recognition will come back.
Kia Stinger GTS in Panthera Metallic Grey
Previously: Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White, Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo