Niro - advanced hybrid tech

All Kia Niro related discussions
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Like the rest of Kia’s lineup, the Niro will be offered with a suite of advanced driver assistance and convenience technologies. Familiar features that will be available on the HUV include Blind Spot Detection with Rear Cross Traffic Alert and Lane Change Assist; Advanced Smart Cruise Control; Lane Departure Warning; and Autonomous Emergency Braking.

421407.jpg

All-new Eco-DAS (Driver Assistance System) features Kia’s first application of Coasting Guide and Predictive Energy Control. The Coasting Guide aims at maximising fuel economy by essentially coaching the driver on when to coast and brake. Predictive Energy Control, meanwhile, uses the navigation system and cruise control to anticipate topographical changes on the road ahead and actively manage energy flow, seamlessly determining when its best to recharge the battery and when its best to expend stored energy to optimise overall efficiency. Similar systems have been seen on German luxury brands, but Kia’s system is the first in the industry to monitor and adjust for both ascending and descending scenarios. Other notable features include Smart Air Intake, which reduces drag by carefully managing the intake of outside air for the HVAC system, and also an accompanying Auto Defog system that prevents condensation from building on the glass by monitoring cabin air conditions to manage the cycling of the A/C compressor.

Kia’s award-winning infotainment and telematics system aims to keep Niro drivers connected at all times, with the newest version, UVO3, trickling down from the all-new 2017 Sportage. Complete with Android Auto™, Apple CarPlay®, and UVO eServices featuring 14 telematics services, the enhanced system features up to 8 GB of music storage, access to onscreen apps such as Pandora® and Soundhound and Wi-Fi tethering capability. All this is displayed on a 7-inch capacitive touch screen.

Chris_A

Post by Chris_A »

I`m especially looking forward to the new Eco-DAS. I`m really curios what it can do on the road. The features it offers seem really promising.
pebal

Post by pebal »

Chris_A wrote:I`m especially looking forward to the new Eco-DAS. I`m really curios what it can do on the road. The features it offers seem really promising.

Is the eco-DAS system operative?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post