Full size spare

All Kia Niro related discussions
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

I have a dim recollection of reading that spare wheels are not equipped with tpms valves, as they are only needed temporarily.
Mike R
Niro 2 Black [no additional driving aids] Since 1 Sept 2016
Previously: Sportage KX2awd on11 plate

Greenman

Post by Greenman »

5 months waiting now. I've been using my wife's car for longer journeys as having no spare in the Niro is a bit worrying. Have just begun to look around again to see what is available with a full-size spare. Would be a financial loss to trade the Niro, but I would do it for peace of mind.
Mike R
Pauls

Post by Pauls »

RobS wrote:When I take delivery of my Niro 2, I hope to equip it with a full size spare, if it will fit into the boot well without to much hassle. Looking around it seems a direct match tyre and alloy together with jack and brace will cost about £250. Have any members done this already with their Niro. Any info' re' this would be appreciated.

Hi i don't know if this helps Dear Mr Lay

Thanks for your email. I'm delighted to hear of your interest in the Kia Niro!

Whilst we plan to release a spare wheel kit for the Niro, at present we can't provide an estimated date for when it'll be available.

The kit will include, a full size 16" Alloy Wheel (not a space saver) and the relevant tools (jack, tyre valve, wheel brace etc) and will retail at £106.92 + VAT.

If you could provide me with your postal address, I'd be happy to have a brochure sent out for the Niro.

If there is anything else I can help with, please get in touch on 0333 2022 990

Kind regards
Charlie Seaton-Reid

Kia Motors UK
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Looks like I've a bit of a rebate coming.....
Mike R
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

just been looking at: kiaaccessoryguide.com -it is the US site.

There is a spare wheel kit on it !! Must be coming soon surely?

Part No GSF40AK920 Looks to be generic but you get the wheel size for your vehicle presumably..

7/3/17: $154 + tyre
Mike R
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Phoned my dealer a few minutes ago. The full size spare is available. He says the space-saver is not available and may no longer be an option. The retaining bolt that comes with the car is not long enough to secure the wheel. Told him to go ahead and order the wheel kit. Surely a bolt from the sportage or sedona must be able to be substituted?

Edit: Just looked at pic of US kit - there seems to be a bolt with the kit.
Mike R
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

hi guys. I removed my niro 2 styrofoam bits under the boot floor and put a 16 in inch 205.55(from another car) face down on the boot floor. The original plastic topped metal screw fits and holds the tyre securely
Regs h2onorth
djbobbins

Post by djbobbins »

Not a full size but from a bit of Googling this morning, I was able to find a space saver kit - 16" wheel, tyre, jack and brace for under £130.

https://www.thewheelshop.co.uk/kia-niro ... brace.html

(I've got no affiliation with the company in question, nor have I used their product myself - but from the website and range of products, it doesn't look like a tuppence-ha'penny outfit!)
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

h2onorth wrote:hi guys. I removed my niro 2 styrofoam bits under the boot floor and put a 16 in inch 205.55(from another car) face down on the boot floor. The original plastic topped metal screw fits and holds the tyre securely
Regs h2onorth
Dealer said the styrofoam cushion won't fit with the full-size spare in place?
Mike R
Peddy

Post by Peddy »

I've had a full size spare wheel since September paid£250 with tyre ordered with car no plastic trim or tyre pressure valve though.