Charging with Zappi & solar panels

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
campbep

Post by campbep »

Hi

I have an e-niro and my home charger is a Zappi as I have solar panels. My issue is that when the surplus from the panels falls below 1.4kw the charging pauses and doesn't re-start when there is a surplus. This means that I have to manually start charging through the UVO app every time, which gets a bit of a pain every time the sun goes behind a cloud. Is there an easy fix or solution to this?

AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

Check out eco and eco+ settings. I think you have yours set on eco+, but eco may be better as it doesn't pause. Read all this on Zappi website.
UK 2021 Mark 1 HEV 4 in silky silver, standard spec.
previously UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.
campbep

Post by campbep »

Thanks, but using this setting means that it takes 1.4kw from the grid when there's no surplus solar. I either want all solar or none, I don't want to pay for daytime trickle juice.
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Yes this situation interests me and surely software can be amended by kia to overcome this. Its not to asking too much for these conditions to be catered for!
Presumably if there was to be a temporary power cut at night would charging restart again what ever the Zappi setting was on?
I thought these chargers were supposed to be smart these days. Is it the car software or Zappi which does not reconnect when solar drops below 1.4kw??

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post