MIL & Camshaft Position Sensor

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
duncanda

Post by duncanda »

Hi. My Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL), came on whilst driving. I used an ODBR reader and it indicates one fault: Camshaft Position Sensor B Circuit Range/Performance Bank 1 (P0365 & P0366). I've booked the car into the dealer and hopefully this is a simple fix, although they want £126 to diagnose the fault.

Has anybody experienced this, is it a simple fix and is it covered under warranty?

Thanks

AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

I haven't experienced it, I don’t know if its simple to fix, but it's almost certainly covered by warranty. All the dealer needs to be told is that there is a malfunction light, and then book it in for repair. If it's not covered by warranty they should tell you why not. No way should they be demanding £126 for a diagnosis. Good luck, let us know how you get on.
UK 2021 Mark 1 HEV 4 in silky silver, standard spec.
previously UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.
duncanda

Post by duncanda »

Hi. Well the car's been finally fixed.

Took a week to get it booked in to my local Kia dealer. They diagnosed the same fault: Camshaft Position Sensor. Took them a week to get the replacement part. Took them a week and a half (with me hassling them) to actually fit it! But all well now and fixed under warranty.
duncanda

Post by duncanda »

A couple of things I've noticed since the camshaft sensor was replaced: 1. car is more responsive to the throttle (less hesitation), 2. better mpg (I'm consistently getting high 50's to low 60's mpg around town, whereas before I rarely achieved these figures). I haven't taken it on a motorway yet, to see what mpg I get.
duncanda

Post by duncanda »

Well that didn't last long. Engine Management Light came on again today and OBD code is P0340, Camshaft Position Sensor. So similar error code and this time the dealer can't take the car in for repair for two weeks.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post