MIL & Camshaft Position Sensor

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
duncanda

Post by duncanda » Sat May 21, 2022 12:27 pm

Hi. My Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL), came on whilst driving. I used an ODBR reader and it indicates one fault: Camshaft Position Sensor B Circuit Range/Performance Bank 1 (P0365 & P0366). I've booked the car into the dealer and hopefully this is a simple fix, although they want £126 to diagnose the fault.

Has anybody experienced this, is it a simple fix and is it covered under warranty?

Thanks

AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 » Sun May 22, 2022 3:22 pm

I haven't experienced it, I don’t know if its simple to fix, but it's almost certainly covered by warranty. All the dealer needs to be told is that there is a malfunction light, and then book it in for repair. If it's not covered by warranty they should tell you why not. No way should they be demanding £126 for a diagnosis. Good luck, let us know how you get on.
UK 2021 HEV 4 in silky silver, standard spec.
previously UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.

duncanda

Post by duncanda » Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:04 pm

Hi. Well the car's been finally fixed.

Took a week to get it booked in to my local Kia dealer. They diagnosed the same fault: Camshaft Position Sensor. Took them a week to get the replacement part. Took them a week and a half (with me hassling them) to actually fit it! But all well now and fixed under warranty.

duncanda

Post by duncanda » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:38 pm

A couple of things I've noticed since the camshaft sensor was replaced: 1. car is more responsive to the throttle (less hesitation), 2. better mpg (I'm consistently getting high 50's to low 60's mpg around town, whereas before I rarely achieved these figures). I haven't taken it on a motorway yet, to see what mpg I get.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post