2023 Niro EV unable to stop fast charge

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
GeoKia

Post by GeoKia »

Hi folks,

This is my first post on this forum, I'm hoping for some help from the community.

A couple of times recently I have needed to fast charge my Niro EV. On both occasions when I have wanted to stop the charge using the app I have been unable to do so. It just says an error has occurred and does not stop the charge.

The second time was even more worrying as the charger also had the emergency stop blanked off. :shock: The only way I could stop it was to limit the maximum charge in the car to 50% and wait until it hit that, despite that being more than I needed.

The car has been to the dealers recently and had all the firmware updates so I'm not sure where to go with this.

Interested to hear if anyone else has had the same experience.

Thanks in advance

George

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert »

Welcome to the forum.
I have a 21reg eNiro. I wanted to stop the charge and could not do so.
The solution I found (which may not be the same for your Niro EV) was to lock and unlock the car and then simply remove the plug from the (untethered) home charger..
If yours is tethered you obviously can only remove the plug from the car. BE CAREFUL!
That is all I can suggest, I'm afraid. Hopefully others will be be along with help pertaining to your Niro EV.
79 cars so far! Now 71 Reg eNiro 4+ Yacht Blue.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)
Mod Karoq & HR-V forums.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post