Flat Battery

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
davethesteam

Post by davethesteam »

I am led to understand the traction batteries do top a low 12v battery - my PHEV (18/68) advises on start up something along the lines that power has been used to top up the 12v.

Deleted User 1053

Post by Deleted User 1053 »

If this happens (e.g. back door not good closed, fob-key too near to the car) and you have revived your car (jump-starter, 12v-reset-button) you can try to use sport-modus to keep the GDI-engine running ...
MattyJWard

Post by MattyJWard »

I’ve had exactly the same problem with my ‘17 PHEV.
It happened today for the fifth time. Typically the car has been parked for a day or two and starts first time. After a short journey of a couple of miles to shops it won’t start when I return to car. Dashboard dead. Only solution is to jump start the 12V battery. It’s due to be looked into at the dealership. Extremely frustrating that for emergencies the lithium battery can’t charge the 12V to at least get it started. I believe there may be such a feature on later models? Can’t hear anything like a fuel pump running after engine is switched off. Occasionally a warning light (breaks/hybrid system etc) has come on when starting but immediately gone off again. Last service was November in spite of these issues was given a clear bill of health. Clearly a problem as several inconclusive threads online... 😕
Kia Niro PHEV Nov ‘17 Gravity Blue
Nirab

Post by Nirab »

I had to call out the RAC to get my 4 month ENERO going. The 12v battery was flat. The car was in the garage fully charged. I took it to my local dealer in Washington and they confirmed that the battery was faulty. The replacement is currently on back order for October, 3 months away. I now have a battery charger and jump leads if it happens again. Not happy about the wait.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post