Headlight beam adjustment Niro 2

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
djbobbins

Post by djbobbins »

As I'm heading over to the continent for a road trip holiday in a few weeks, I'm hoping to find out how to adjust the headlights on my Niro 2.

I've not found anything obvious in the manual (it has instructions on how to adjust beam alignment generally, but not shape). Nor can I see anything in the electronic menu which would seem to be for travel adjustment on the headlights. I could just tilt the headlights down significantly with the control in the cabin, but I've done that previously for short periods whilst driving overseas and found it unnerving owing to only being able to see about 20' in front of the car! Nor do I have a particular desire to have to buy stick on beam deflectors.

Any bright ideas (pun not particularly intended) much appreciated.

niroal

Post by niroal »

Legally if they are not adjustable left to right then beam blockers or deflectors need to be fitted. Just lowering the beam is not suitable.

Eurolites show a fitting for them on their latest sheet.
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi guys not sure about Niro 2 lights but plenty of discussion about this topic on kiaownersclub.co.uk under the sportage 2010 to 2015 section.
Is all about how flat the cut off is as to whether you need to buy stick on adjustments
h2onorth
djbobbins

Post by djbobbins »

The shape beam does appear to be fairly flat. It feels a bit of a 20th century solution but I think I will take a small roll of black tape with me and mask a piece of the headlight if necessary. The last time I used beam benders on a car, they left permanent marks on the headlight lenses.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post