Sat-nav oddities

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
Suman

Post by Suman »

There is a Kia Connect App that detects the car via bluetooth and auto switches the hotspot. It works well so long as you're not using Android Auto.
Kia Stinger GTS in Panthera Metallic Grey
Previously: Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White, Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo

Johnrussell

Post by Johnrussell »

So far I do that will I get different info on the navigation. I'm totally confused.
Suman

Post by Suman »

Yes, Android Auto gives you a whole new navigation system based on Google Maps (or even Waze if you've installed it). Now you have up to 3 different satnavs to choose from :-)

I much prefer using Waze to the google maps or the built-in Tom Tom satnav
Kia Stinger GTS in Panthera Metallic Grey
Previously: Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White, Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo
Splang

Post by Splang »

I have iOS and can’t find the app that allows you to auto connect your WiFi to the car - I always have to manually turn on the hotspot and then it connects
deguy

Post by deguy »

The Kia Hotspot app is Android only, and requires Location (unnecessary) as well as Bluetooth (necessary) permissions.

See here for a discussion on iOS hotspot:
apple.stackexchange.com
Niro Spirit 2017 HEV in Ocean Blue (German spec similar to First Edition without ADAP)
Previously: Mercedes B-Class 200CDI Autotronic