There seems to be a problem with US Niros

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
Bicepeak1

Post by Bicepeak1 »

Anyone in the UK having this problem that is showing up in the US?

http://www.kianiroforum.com/forum/226-k ... -help.html

Steve

Post by Steve »

I have just been reading that post regarding the shuddering , quite interesting .. My car is fine , very smooth , But i did notice something the other day when i had to come to a stop on a hill , as the car stopped , then went to pull off , it started to roll back , i had to put the breaks on .. Quite scary as there was a car behind me . i will do a test next time I'm out , and see how far it will roll back before it pulls away , but this time with no one behind me ..
Steve
Niro 2 in Black . LED headlight conversion .
Previous car.... Ford Kuga 163 . 2011
Bicepeak1

Post by Bicepeak1 »

That would be scary Steve. I guess these cars don't have hill hold?
Steve

Post by Steve »

It does have hill hold , but it seems to take a couple of seconds for it to kick in .. As when you stop so does the engine , and the electric motor takes over , but this is where the delay is , its not a fault , its just how it is .
Steve
Niro 2 in Black . LED headlight conversion .
Previous car.... Ford Kuga 163 . 2011
Bicepeak1

Post by Bicepeak1 »

Ah.....I see.
djpfaff

Post by djpfaff »

It seems that the roll-back stop does not engage until you come to a braked full stop. If you slow down to just rolling on a hill, it will start rolling back until you brake to stop, from that point the roll-back stop takes over and you can release the brake again. Very annoying though when you approach a roundabout on an incline, where you don't necessary want to brake to stop, but just slow down to accelerate when there is space to enter.
David P.
Currrent Car: Niro - First Edition (Ocean Blue)
Previous Car: B-Class - 2013
Next Car: Autonomous - 2020