Reversing sounder.

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
Old Salt

Post by Old Salt »

When I select reverse, we can hear a muffled bong sound. When I say muffled, it is like someone has shoved a rag down it's throat. My OH has stood outside of the car while I move the car backwards. She say's the sound comes from the front, which seems a bit odd as it is barely audible when stood at the rear. Does anyone have the same? I assume it only activates when the Niro is in EV mode as the engine would drown out the sounder noise.

David
MY22 Kia Niro 2 - Pearl White

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

Got exactly the same issue. Took delivery of my Niro 4 on Monday and noticed the hardly audible muffled sound when reversing. Was hoping that there was something in the settings that I could alter to increase the volume. Still working through the manual but not hopeful, looking more like a return to dealer to instigate.
MY18 Niro 4 Graphite
Knuttucks

Post by Knuttucks »

I have the sound as well, doesn't really bother me. It's obviously meant to happen, I assume its to make it a little more obvious that i'm moving in reverse in EV mode, possibly when reversing out of parking places. Whatever it is it's not annoying me yet.
Current: Kia Niro 4 in Ocean Blue
Previous: Citroen DS4, Hyundai i40 Premium Tourer,Ford Mondeo Econetic
niroal

Post by niroal »

My PHEV has this and also a humming noise when traveling forwards at low speed. As our other car is an electric Renault Zoe we are used to the pedestrian warning noise. Stupidily the Zoe makes no noise when reversing which considering there may be people in a blind spot is odd. Personally I am glad the car has this feature. On a BMW i3 it is a cost option!
I can cancel it by pressing the VESS button to turn off VESS, but I think that is a PHEV only button, however I think it resets to on when you restart the car.
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post