Heated mirrors?

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
djbobbins

Post by djbobbins »

My Niro 2 is the fifth or sixth car I have had with heated wing mirrors. Every other car which had heated mirrors used a separate switch, even going back to my 1993 Isuzu Trooper.

I'm glad that the Niro has heated mirrors but curious why they are on the same switch as the rear demist - a quick wipe with the rear wiper is normally enough to clear the rear window in dewy conditions, but I then end up having to put the rear demist on just to clear the mirrors.

I guess there's nothing that can be done about this but am just pondering on the choice of design!

niroal

Post by niroal »

Only one car (a Seat Mii) out of the 20 or so I have had with heated mirrors has had a separate switch & as it had no warning light and it was twisting the mirror switch to a different position I think the combined switch is much easier.
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
pchrist7

Post by pchrist7 »

Peugeot 206 CC 2001 was the same. Still I like all of the rear window area to be clear, and not just the rear wiper area.
Note to self: GO wash my car !! ;-)
Topicalcat

Post by Topicalcat »

It was the same on my Hyundai IX35. The switch is I believe on a timer so it wiil turn off itself off after a few minutes. Spiders like living in the space behind the mirror, must enjoy the warm up in the morning.
🚙