Boot still locked

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
Steve

Post by Steve »

has anyone noticed that when you get out of the car , and go to the boot , its locked and you have to press the unlock button ? ... But this isn't always the case .
Steve
Niro 2 in Black . LED headlight conversion .
Previous car.... Ford Kuga 163 . 2011

CB Bob

Post by CB Bob »

Doesn't happen to mine. If car is locked and I have the key in my pocket it will open.
Have you tried it several times to confirm this is indeed the issue? Is your key lock button pressing against something else in your pocket to keep it locked?
Just sayin ... ??
AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

When you are in the car, are you locking the doors from the inside using the lock button on the driver door armrest? If you are, then when you exit the car the doors will unlock, but not the boot. If you don't lock the doors from the inside, then they, and the boot, will remain unlocked, perhaps explaining why "it isn't always the case".
I can't prove this because my car is keyless, so everything is unlocked whenever I approach the car.
UK 2021 Mark 1 HEV 4 in silky silver, standard spec.
previously UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.
JimT

Post by JimT »

Hi,
I've also found that getting out of the car that the rear doors and boot remain locked and require a press of the unlock button on the key. It seems a permanent feature on my car. Very annoying. It also happens when approaching the locked car - first press unlocks 2 front doors, second press unlocks the other doors.
I'll have to look through the manual and see if it's an option on the onboard computer. On other cars I've owned it was an option to select driver's door unlock on the first press and other doors on a second press. Other possibility is that it's a dealer activated "feature".
Now: niro 2 (red)
Previous cars:
Citroen C3 Picasso (auto)
Renault grand scenic 1.5dci on 17" wheels (awful)
Recycleman

Post by Recycleman »

check out chapter 4 page 62, think this will help you
dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

you need to press the boot release and hold it for 5 seconds to release the boot lock then it should open as normal.
MY18 Niro 4 Graphite
Peddy

Post by Peddy »

Yes it's happened to me a handful of times it doesn't bother me enough to take it to the garage.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Ok thanks guys ..... It isn't a problem , just strange it don't happen all the time . Never tried to open the back doors . Next time it happens i will check the back doors to see if they are unlocked .
Steve
Niro 2 in Black . LED headlight conversion .
Previous car.... Ford Kuga 163 . 2011
CB Bob

Post by CB Bob »

Recycleman wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:55 pm check out chapter 4 page 62, think this will help you
X2 ... the owners manual doesn't specifically tell you enough. Toggle thru the lcd menu display button on the steering wheel and change door unlock settings there. I did this a while back and now I have all 4 doors unlocking with 1 push on the smart key.
Ritz

Post by Ritz »

I have noticed this on mine. I have mine set to unlock when putting into park, but sometimes the boot and need to press the key fob. More worrying is that when checked the other doors the driver door was also locked also locked but rear doors were unlocked, so if I had left keys in ignition then I would have had to climb through the car.
One thing I did consider was that I was catching the door lock as I was open the drivers door.