Automatic lights

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

I've noticed that the automatic lights come on during the day when there is bright sunshine. The sun is low in the sky, being Winter, and I'm wondering if it is somehow fooling the sensor on the dashboard. No problems when overcast, indeed I'm surprised they don't come on earlier in such conditions. Anyone else?
UK 2021 Mark 1 HEV 4 in silky silver, standard spec.
previously UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.

dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

Seems to be a common issue, my lights do the same and from comments on another forum owners are having the same problems. Appears as though the sensor is super sensitive, I suppose it is better the lights come on early rather than not at all.
MY18 Niro 4 Graphite
Steve

Post by Steve »

Mine is the same .
Steve
Niro 2 in Black . LED headlight conversion .
Previous car.... Ford Kuga 163 . 2011
Suman

Post by Suman »

Mine do the same. The automatic lights in my previous cars also did the same.
Kia Stinger GTS in Panthera Metallic Grey
Previously: Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White, Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo
djbobbins

Post by djbobbins »

Interestingly in dismal (damp / grey / sleety) conditions this afternoon I found the opposite - everyone else was driving with lights on, the Niro was set to auto but was still only running the DRLs. I ended up overriding it to put the dipped beams on.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post