Google Maps navigation volume?

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
Hopp

Post by Hopp »

I find Google Maps navigation 'turn by turn' voice volume to be much too loud - using Android Auto.

The internet says go to the Google Maps home screen, go to settings at the top LH corner of the screen, select navigation and there will be one of 3 levels to choose from.

Not in My Niro 4 - or maybe above doesn't apply to Kia Motors.
My home screen just shows previous destinations and one other thing - but no navigation.

Any help appreciated.

Suman

Post by Suman »

You're not seeing this option when the phone is running in Android Auto because it's a deliberately simplified interface, to promote safer driving. To see the volume settings you refer to, you need to unplug your phone from the car, run Google Maps directly on it, then:

1. Press the 3 lines button in the top left corner (sometimes called a hamburger button)
2. Scroll down and tap Settings
3. Scroll down and tap Navigation Settings
4. Tap Voice Level
5. Choose between Louder, Normal and Softer
6. Press the back button until you're back to the main screen.

Then plug the phone back into your Niro and use Google Maps via Android Auto again, but this time with the updated voice settings.
Kia Stinger GTS in Panthera Metallic Grey
Previously: Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White, Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo
Hopp

Post by Hopp »

Hi Suman,

Thanks a lot for your message.
All sorted now.
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi Hopp. Have you also tried the radio volume controls, stearing wheel or dash knob, WHILST the navigation or any other car related info is being broadcast. Most of the car announcements can be controlled up or down by this method, but only DURING the actual output. Good luck
h2onorth