Wall charger recommendations wanted

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
fernbank

Post by fernbank »

I am going to take delivery of a PHEV at the end of September and I'm now looking at installing a wall charger. I live on the west coast of Ireland and the rules for a charger installation and grant are different to the UK (the spec on the car is different as well). Any registered electrician can install and certify the installation and I'll get a grant of €600 towards the cost.

Has anyone a model they would recommend? Rolec chargers have been suggested as a possible contender. Any comments on this? Should I go for a 32 amp version even though the max that the Niro can use is 16 amp?

David

h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi fernbank.
Not sure what other companies offer domestic chargers over your side of the UK, but if not too expensive I would always go for the 32 amp for future options and I expect the grant will be removed in a few years too
h2onorth
JOL54

Post by JOL54 »

Have had a Rolec 32amp for 5 months. No problems and very easy to use. Would like meter shoing KW but that was extra.

The cost was same for 16 or 32 here.
JOL54

Post by JOL54 »

Ahem, 'showing' !
fernbank

Post by fernbank »

Thanks for the info. Will go for the Rolec 32amp. The only other option I found was the Wallbox - far too complex! Needs Bluetooth and WiFi to set it up but does produce reports on Kw usage. It is nearly twice the price of the Rolec!

Davi