Recall Notice

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
smileymiley

Post by smileymiley »

Just received letter about recall for a potential fault of the hydraulic clutch actuator housing. Booking car in to repair.
Vini, Vidi, Velcro

I came, I saw, I stuck around

deguy

Post by deguy »

Got mine today too. Bit annoyed, as Kia already knew about it when I had my last service (US press reports early May, which I was unaware of at the time), and I will need to take another day off to get it done.
Niro Spirit 2017 HEV in Ocean Blue (German spec similar to First Edition without ADAP)
Previously: Mercedes B-Class 200CDI Autotronic
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi guys. Don't get steamed up since a lot of cars pass the inspection and need no work done. Admin wise I think Kia needed time to check production dates and VIN nos. to see how many cars might have this potentially faulty part
h2onorth
deguy

Post by deguy »

I don't think the admin would be big for finding out the cars affected, that's just a database query based on the parts known from the US recall. I think it's more likely they decided on phases (fair enough) - US, then Europe, and no doubt APAC separately. None of which changes the fact that if they'd got their finger out, the dealer could have checked at my last service or thati will have to sacrifice another day's holiday to get it sorted. I'm not particularly worried that the car will burst into flames on me.

PS They don't have good form: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39893111
Niro Spirit 2017 HEV in Ocean Blue (German spec similar to First Edition without ADAP)
Previously: Mercedes B-Class 200CDI Autotronic
smileymiley

Post by smileymiley »

Car went in yesterday, no work required.
Vini, Vidi, Velcro

I came, I saw, I stuck around

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post