Trip History

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
jerrytaff

Post by jerrytaff »

On Tuesday I did a return trip between with about 4.5 hrs between the outward and return journeys. The computer recorded it as 2 separate trips. 26 miles out (I did a slight detour) and 24 miles back. Today I did the same trip with very similar timings, and it recorded it as a single journey of 48 miles (at 122 mpg!). However, when I scrolled through the history to compare the fuel economy on Tuesday which I remembered as being lower than that, I found that only the information for the outward journey had been stored.

Has anyone else experienced random deletions of journeys from the history? and does anyone know what the criteria are for deciding whether to combine separate periods of driving a single day as a single trip?
2018 PHEV 3 in Gravity Blue :D
Previous DS (formerly Citroen) DS5 Prestige BlueHDi S/S Auto 2.0, Jaguar X type 2.0 S Diesel

h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi jerrytaff .
Can only speak about hybrid Niro. On these cars any journey taken about 3 to 4hours later than the previous one will always be counted as a separate journey.
The hybrid Niro does not have the ability to store previous journey data so cannot comment on deletions in your history.
h2onorth