Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
niroal

Post by niroal »

Your car is German so not UK sourced
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite

deguy

Post by deguy »

As I indeed already pointed out
Niro Spirit 2017 HEV in Ocean Blue (German spec similar to First Edition without ADAP)
Previously: Mercedes B-Class 200CDI Autotronic
niroal

Post by niroal »

djbobbins wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:32 pm Space for a second number on the chassis plate is blank - which I assume means no homologation for towing.
I'm afraid so.
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
Miket

Post by Miket »

We have spoken to Kia UK Customer Services today and they confirm that there will never be a towing option for the UK Kia Niro. However they stated that if you ONLY wish to use a tow bar for carrying a tow bar mounted bike rack you can get a Niro specific Towbar and 7 pin Electric wiring kit from Germany and if this is fitted by a UK Kia Dealer , at your costs, the warranty will not be affected, UNLESS at some future point you do get a warranty problem that can then be traced back to the towbar/electric fitting !!! We are investigating this further as we have a tow bar bike rack already used on a previous car and wish to take two electric bikes on our holidays !! Has any UK Niro owner had a to bar fitted this year at a KIa dealer in UK. Let us know please. We have had the Niro for 6 months , travelled extensively in UK and Spain Portugal and it's a great car !! MIke
Recycleman

Post by Recycleman »

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post