Niro second service advisories

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
dakm1

Niro second service advisories

Post by dakm1 » Sat May 23, 2020 8:15 pm

I have just had my Niro 2 second service done, under KIA service plan, the car has only done 10, 600 ml, I got a phone call saying they had some advisories and did I want them doing, one, cabin pollen filter dirty, two petrol and oil additives, three air conditioning anti-bacterial treatment, total with vat 102 pounds, I declined, I checked the pollen filter and it is only slightly discoloured, I will replace it and do the other stuff myself as well, but I will not have a record of this being done, sorry it's a bit long but my question is will that affect the warranty or my lease agreement

AlanW55

Re: Niro second service advisories

Post by AlanW55 » Sat May 23, 2020 9:37 pm

Standard cash-leverage practice. Your experience should tell you something about the dealer. I don't see that advisories of the nature you describe would have any impact on warranty. My experience of a maintenance-included please agreement is that they will only approve the minimum, but in any case they would deal with the dealer, not me.
UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.

dakm1

Re: Niro second service advisories

Post by dakm1 » Sat May 23, 2020 10:09 pm

Thanks for you reply I have not had much experience with dealers, first new car first lease car