Mirrors not unfolding

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
PaulGlasswell

Post by PaulGlasswell »

Hi. We have a 2019 Niro PHEV. Absolutely love it. Never had an EV before. Never had an automatic before. Never had a car with soooo many bells and whistles before. Reckon it will be years before I figure out how it all works! :D

Anyway, I think I know how the automatic folding mirrors work but today they've stopped unfolding.

We have the button set in the middle to AUTO but locking and unlocking does nothing. The little indicator flashes but they don't unfold.

I've tried to push the button to open them... nothing. And close then open... nothing. The small mirror adjustments seem to be working (you know, the little adjustments up and down) but not unfolding.

Everything else seems to be working but it's going to be pretty hard to drive anywhere without mirrors.

Any thoughts?

AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

Can you hear any whirring noise, meaning the mirrors are getting power, but are somehow stuck. If no noise, check the fuse for the mirror motors, see the user manual.
UK 2021 Mark 1 HEV 4 in silky silver, standard spec.
previously UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.
PaulGlasswell

Post by PaulGlasswell »

Cheers. I'll have a check.
PaulGlasswell

Post by PaulGlasswell »

It wasn't the fuses so we ended up getting KIA Assist (RAC) out. He ended up deciding it was a software problem. He couldn't update it so he just disconnected the 12v battery, left it a while and reconnected. Hey presto, it worked. Or, as they say on THE I.T. CROWD, "Switched it off and on again
"