ATMB Tag Badge

Faults and Technical chat for the Kia Niro
ICM

Post by ICM »

I drive a Niro self-charging hybrid. I have an ATMB Tag badge that operates French autoroute toll barriers automatically; it's supposed to be stuck to the inside of the front windscreen, at the top, centre, within the grey-dotted part of the glass, where radio waves can pass through the screen. Unfortunately that part of the windscreen is completely taken up by the rear-view mirror, leaving insufficient space to affix the Tag badge.

Can anyone advise me, please, as to where else I can affix the badge to ensure that it will operate the barriers? (That's if we're ever allowed to drive in France again, of course.)

Thanks,

Ian

djbobbins

Post by djbobbins »

898F8E5E-4BD1-4A8A-977C-C1BAAA20DEF4.jpeg

I’ve got a toll tag for the French autoroute; mine is stuck just behind the rear view mirror on the passenger side - see photo.

We’ve used it on a few long trips in France without any problem.
ICM

Post by ICM »

Thanks for the advice; I won't have to ask my wife to open her window and wave the badge around outside after all!
djbobbins

Post by djbobbins »

Indeed not. That was the trade-off my wife was happy to accept - very slightly impaired view of the sky, but no dealing with change / French toll staff / getting woken up by me to do so!!
ICM

Post by ICM »

My wife was greatly disappointed when French toll autoroutes became fully automated. "Bonjour", "Merci" and "Au revoir" are the limit of her French and she's no longer able to demonstrate them to tollgate staff.