Niro 2 PHEV?

New to the Kia Niro Forums? Introduce yourself here
Fred_Bristol

Niro 2 PHEV?

Post by Fred_Bristol » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:14 pm

Hi
Having run two cars, a Renault Zoe and a Skoda Yeti we are looking at a Kia Niro PHEV as a replacement for both. Will be following experiences here to get an impression of owning the Kia Niro hybrid. Most of our use will be electric on local journeys recharging from our solar at home. Just occasionally we do longer trips where charging is not available or unreliable. On cost its 200 mile + long range electric versus PHEV.

Fred

niroal

Re: Niro 2 PHEV?

Post by niroal » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:17 am

Hello fellow Zoe owner / Niro possible owner.

I'm not aware of any prices for the PHEV yet & personally I think the cost on other cars make PHEVs difficult to justify if you are not doing it for company car tax purposes.

Fred_Bristol

Post by Fred_Bristol » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:52 pm

Hi niroal
The cost of the PHEV will be compared with a long range battery electric and the cost of running two cars, one electric (local trips) and one petrol (longer trips. away from motorway charging points). One insurance and servicing cost vs two etc. At present a PHEV is looking cheaper than a long range electric. Time will tell.

Whatever we get will also have to accommodate my mobility scooter, hence the interest in the Niro.

Fred

Suman

Post by Suman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:30 pm

I have a compact folding electric wheelchair - the Foldawheel PW-999UL and it fits just fine in the boot of the Niro. Further, the virtually flat load floor from the sill makes it easier to load than usual.
Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White
Previously: Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo

Return to “Introductions”