New owner, new member

New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
captainlightfoot

Post by captainlightfoot »

Hi everyone. I took delivery of my e-Niro 4+ just over a week ago and am so far really impressed. So easy to drive, and I've adapted to one-pedal driving in no time at all. Now it's a real shock when I drive the wife's car and it doesn't slow down! I discovered this forum when trying to find out how I inadvertently enabled wing mirror dipping when reversing into a friend's drive. It was ultra useful being able to see the dropped kerb and rear wheels without manual mirror adjustment! The problem was, it never did the trick again. I discovered here that mirror dipping is enabled when the mirror selector switch is set to left or right (and not set back to auto). A great function that doesn't seem to appear anywhere in the manual. I'm learning something new every day. Keep up the good work folks!

AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

My HEV also has the variable regeneration paddles, and I find it's only possible to emulate smooth one-pedal driving on level 1. Levels 2 and 3 are too strong and sudden in operation, maybe the EV is set up differently? The brake lights only come on at level 3, so I don't think it's safe to use the lower levels when somebody is following me. Driving round the hilly peak district lately, I found the paddles very useful and the battery was charged up to nearly 90% lots of the time. That said, I can't say it dramatically improved the mpg, but it certainly removed the worry of overheating brakes on long downhills.
UK 2021 Mark 1 HEV 4 in silky silver, standard spec.
previously UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post