Taking the Plunge

New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Bit of a trip getting to be a Niro owner. Currently have a KX-2 awd auto Sportage and about 2 years back was thinking about trading in for a new one. Then the bad press for diesel engine emissions began to take off, and hearing about the new model Sportage, I decide to wait and see if there would be a petrol version. Initially that looked good, but then I looked at the emissions for the petrol version and they were nearly as bad as the diesel. I live in West London and when Sadiq Khan became mayor practically the first thing he mentioned was pollution levels. Decided to look round for a smaller automatic petrol vehicle, and just at that point the Niro was announced. Didn't initially think I wanted a hybrid but the more I looked at the situation the more suitable it seemed. So now I'll be getting a Niro 2 around 7 September. I'm looking forward to sharing views and experiences with you all.
Mike R
Niro 2 Black [no additional driving aids] Since 1 Sept 2016
Previously: Sportage KX2awd on11 plate

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Welcome to the forum GreenMan, I certainly think you're right and it's the way countries are going now. I think diesel taxes will only go up over the coming months / years.

Have you had a look at the Niro yet or just ordered without seeing one when it was announced?
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Thanks Rob. Yes I had a test drive, got my £1000 off, which was an excellent offer. Described a bit more in the Main Niro Chat section. Should get it around 7 Sept.
Mike R
Previously: Sportage KX2awd on11 plate
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Not long to wait now!
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

2nd Sept, 11am....
Mike R