Niro 2 coming tomorrow

New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
Redmires

Post by Redmires »

Hi all. I thought I'd sign up and join the club. My Niro 2 gets delivered tomorrow so I'm looking forward to putting it through its paces. I'm not your usual car driver as cars don't do anything for me (but two wheels do !) so it will just be a company car workhorse. I'm leasing the car on a 2 year term. I've never had a test drive and never seen one in the flesh so it will be an interesting introduction. The main factor is monthly lease cost & mpg - the Niro came out a lot cheaper than any other hybrid so that was my choice.

By the way - is it pronounced "Neero" or "Nigh - ro" ???????

The interesting thing though is that this will be my 4th hybrid so I will have lots to compare with. Here's a rundown

Toyota Prius - 2 year lease, 38k miles, ave mpg = 57.91
Honda Insight - 2 year lease, 39k miles, ave mpg = 53.96
Lexus CT200 - 3 year lease, 59k miles, ave mpg = 55,46

I'd like to think I can pass 60mpg with this car :)

A couple of things that have unnerved me though.

1) The 12 month breakdown cover is not valid for lease cars. I thought this very mean spirited by Kia as I've never come across this before. I had the full 3 year free cover with the Lexus.

2) Read on another website that a couple of Niro's have experienced electrical faults already. Very worrying - I hope this isn't going to bite us.
http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/kia/n ... er-reviews

That's it for now.

Redmires

PS. Quick thanks to the guy(s) who set this forum up. User forums are often a great resource.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post