Niro 2 + ADAP; May

New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
djbobbins

Post by djbobbins »

Hi all

Having posted a few things in other topics, I thought it was time to introduce myself. I'm a company fleet driver, doing about 20,000 miles per year of mixed driving (motorways, rural lanes and a-roads, plus bits of urban driving).

As I was coming to the end of my existing lease deal (a Skoda Yeti Greenline Elegance) I looked around and fancied the idea of an automatic car, but still wanted something with sensible lease payments and benefit in kind. The Niro seemed to tick most boxes, although if I could have had a "3" with the associated toys, but on 16" wheels (so sub-90g CO2 per km) I would have done. It also is far easier on the eye than a Prius or Toyota C-HR, and I think has a more usable boot than a Lexus CT200h or a Volvo V60 TwinEngine. However the one thing that really came close to putting me off the Niro, and which I think will bug me whilst I have it, is the lack of tow pack option. I don't tow very often but use the towbar for a rear mounted cycle carrier; I suspect we will end up getting a towbar fitted to my wife's car instead but that's a sub-optimal outcome - particularly when one knows that the towing option is available elsewhere in the world on the Niro.

Anyway, the car was ordered in early February and is scheduled to be in stock by late May. Thanks to everyone for the useful info already posted in the other threads; I hope I can continue to contribute.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post