Waiting game

New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
Splang

Post by Splang »

Mine is ready about then but I said I would wait until 1st September to get the new plate

Ritz

Post by Ritz »

Finally took delivery of my Niro yesterday and managed a couple of short trips in between setting up all the toys.
NiNiro

Post by NiNiro »

Ordered a First Edition early May 2017. Told by the dealer that end of August would be a realistic delivery date. It’s now mid October and the car still hasn’t arrived at the dealer. 5 months and counting.

Told end of Aug
Then mid September
Then mid Oct - its Mid October - no car.
Christmas???

In hindsight I’d rather have ordered a VW Golf GTE and be enjoying it by now. I am sure the Niro will be nice when it arrives, but the misleading delivery dates.

Anyone else had a similar experience?
Knuttucks

Post by Knuttucks »

I ordered my Niro 4 in Ocean Blue on 22nd Sept (a long wait after my Feb test drive) and was informed by the dealership that it was in their central compound on Thursday 12 October and just needed PDI and registration. Unfortunately I've now got to wait until 13th November to take delivery as my current car is still under lease contract. I have a feeling the wait is going to be unbearable.
I get the feeling the dealership is taking the mickey somewhere, as far as I know FE are out of production and obviously the 4's are landing - how are they going to supply a car that is no longer in production. I would go into passive-aggressive mode and ask what the hell is going on! If answers not satisfactory I would demand deposit back if paid and order from another dealer.
Current: Kia Niro 4 in Ocean Blue
Previous: Citroen DS4, Hyundai i40 Premium Tourer,Ford Mondeo Econetic
NiNiro

Post by NiNiro »

Finally got my White First Edition last week.
Worth. The. Wait.

Such a smooth, comfortable car - really enjoying learning the power train.

I know how your feel Knuttucks, hope the wait flies in and you get to enjoying the Niro soon.
Old Salt

Post by Old Salt »

Got our Niro 4 on Thursday after a mere 2 weeks. Very impressed, smooth, quiet and good fuel economy. I miss our Sorento's acceleration, but not the huge fuel bill.
MY22 Kia Niro 2 - Pearl White

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise
dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

In response to NiNiro I called at the local Kia dealer SG Petch in York on Monday this week. After talking to the salesman I agreed a deal to trade in my Sportage for a Niro 4 after being told that they had 4 in stock. Car ordered Monday and took delivery Friday this week. Excellent service from the dealer and no pushy salespersons to go with it. I would suggest your dealer is not trying to obtain a car for you, the First Edition has now been superseded by the level 4. From my experience cars are in stock around the country ready for immediate delivery.
MY18 Niro 4 Graphite
niroal

Post by niroal »

dmrodgers wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:02 pm In response to NiNiro I called at the local Kia dealer SG Petch in York on Monday this week. After talking to the salesman I agreed a deal to trade in my Sportage for a Niro 4 after being told that they had 4 in stock. Car ordered Monday and took delivery Friday this week. Excellent service from the dealer and no pushy salespersons to go with it. I would suggest your dealer is not trying to obtain a car for you, the First Edition has now been superseded by the level 4. From my experience cars are in stock around the country ready for immediate delivery.
If the cars are reserved / owned by specific dealers then other dealers would only have access to the central stock vehicles.
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
RichS

Post by RichS »

My Niro 2 with ADAP ordered 27th October.
Delivery now expected 22nd January, which is pretty well the 12 weeks the dealer anticipated.
We'll see how it pans out. At least it will be registered as a 2018 car...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post