Waiting game

New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
djbobbins

Post by djbobbins »

Delivery now scheduled for Thursday 29th June; I spent a (rather scorching) couple of hours hovering out the inside of the current car last weekend so it's ready for return to the lease company.

I think my car will be exactly the same as yours Emperor - Niro 2 in Ocean Blue Metallic with the ADAP option?

Emperor

Post by Emperor »

Yep! That's the one.
Since last writing ! went on a mixed driving short trip...about 16 miles, and the mpg read 63.3! Just running about across town it's reading 53mpg. Oh the joy of actually hearing Miles Davis without having to turn up to top volume!
NiNiro

Post by NiNiro »

Company car driver- ordered the 1st Edition in pearl white as soon as my new list was out. I was tipped off by the dealer that they were struggling to keep up with demand. Hope to have the car delivered at the end of August. Currently in an Insignia Elite EcoFlex. Knowing the DSG hybrid is on the way makes the tall and awkward eco manual seem all the more frustrating! So many features and benefits to look forward to in the Niro.

I do a wide mix of driving and am looking forward to putting the Niro through its paces and enjoying some hypermileing in a car that is equipped to make the best of my efforts.
Emperor

Post by Emperor »

Further thoughts. The good mpg seems to be holding up and extending as the engine loosens up. The whole set up encourages relaxed and economical driving especially when viewing the pictorial representations of how frugally you are managing. I think once I've really got the feel of how the system operates best, I'll pay less attention to them, as they could become distracting.
Wanting to be sure that things are operating fully, I was tempted into trying out the sport mode. The response was quite astounding good and even had quite a "fruity" sound; frankly though I can't imagine I'll need it other than in an emergency.
Just now the "love-in" continues!
niroal

Post by niroal »

So if I order an FE in the next couple of weeks is it likely I will get it this year???
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
Ritz

Post by Ritz »

niroal wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:44 am So if I order an FE in the next couple of weeks is it likely I will get it this year???
I think the longest wait seems to be for Niro 2 with ADAP, as they are made to order and take around 5 months. I don't think there is too much of an issue with the FE's.
niroal

Post by niroal »

Ritz wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:30 pm
niroal wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:44 am So if I order an FE in the next couple of weeks is it likely I will get it this year???
I think the longest wait seems to be for Niro 2 with ADAP, as they are made to order and take around 5 months. I don't think there is too much of an issue with the FE's.
The dealer said there are no unsold ones in the pipeline being built or in shipping so who knows.

Personally I want it in November as I am then at my VT point on my current car.
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
Bigtone1965

Post by Bigtone1965 »

Yep picked up my niro 2 in white
Tonight
And we love it already
Thanks Sandicliffe Leicester great dealer as ever
And all ready with a full tank of fuel as a thank you to me and my wife
Loads of toys and a trip in heavy traffic back to Northampton,through the town and motorway
It came up as 70.01 mpg 😊
Wow
Emperor

Post by Emperor »

Got my best yet on a short 4mile trip. 75.3 mpg!
Ritz

Post by Ritz »

Well I'm pleased to say that the waiting is nearly over and have been given a collection date of the 14th August.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post