Waiting game

New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
djbobbins

Post by djbobbins »

Grrr, just found out that my delivery date has moved back from 27th May to 17th June - three weeks slip, just over a fortnight away from expected delivery.

It should have been obvious about four weeks ago that the delivery date of 27th May wasn't feasible, as the car would have needed to be on the ship from Korea by mid April to dock in the UK by late May.

Allegedly the car is built (good news) but I'm not impressed by the comms between Kia and Lex.

Ritz

Post by Ritz »

djbobbins wrote:Grrr, just found out that my delivery date has moved back from 27th May to 17th June - three weeks slip, just over a fortnight away from expected delivery.

It should have been obvious about four weeks ago that the delivery date of 27th May wasn't feasible, as the car would have needed to be on the ship from Korea by mid April to dock in the UK by late May.

Allegedly the car is built (good news) but I'm not impressed by the comms between Kia and Lex.
That's very annoying :x

I ordered mine about a month and a half after you and just received an update today with delivery date still 11th August. (3 months from today!) so in total will be a 4 1/2 month wait. Hopefully won't move mine back any further.
smileymiley

Post by smileymiley »

Wow I'm glad we ordered in our dealerships FE in late February, 3 week wait as it was on its way. Driving car from dealers 16th March. Don't think I could wait for it as long as you guys have :shock:
Vini, Vidi, Velcro

I came, I saw, I stuck around
Emperor

Post by Emperor »

That probably means that my Niro 2 will be on the same 27May, now 17 June boat as yours, Bobbings.
Considering I ordered mine in Dec'16, with a promised pre e/o March delivery, this has all become rather tiresome and disappointing.

To date the delay has meant that I missed out on the zero VED, will have lost majority of the new reg plate period, will have to MoT my current vehicle and arrange a new Emergency Recovery policy. I had also planned to be driving the Niro
for my touring holiday, starting this coming weekend.
My current feelings regarding Kia are rather less than luke warm just now! Any more delay excuses, other than a Pacific nuclear holocaust or stray iceberg hit, may well see me cancelling this hopelessly overdue order.
The car better be pretty d..n good when/if it arrives!
djbobbins

Post by djbobbins »

Emperor wrote:That probably means that my Niro 2 will be on the same 27May, now 17 June boat as yours, Bobbings.
Considering I ordered mine in Dec'16, with a promised pre e/o March delivery, this has all become rather tiresome and disappointing.

To date the delay has meant that I missed out on the zero VED, will have lost majority of the new reg plate period, will have to MoT my current vehicle and arrange a new Emergency Recovery policy. I had also planned to be driving the Niro
for my touring holiday, starting this coming weekend.
My current feelings regarding Kia are rather less than luke warm just now! Any more delay excuses, other than a Pacific nuclear holocaust or stray iceberg hit, may well see me cancelling this hopelessly overdue order.
The car better be pretty d..n good when/if it arrives!
Similar disappointment about the delay although thankfully all it means for me is that my current lease car gets extended for another few weeks. However if I had known how long the lead time was going to be, I would probably have ordered an Octavia estate instead, as when I ranked them they were very similar on my overall scoring metric. Given that you ordered two months earlier than me and have to deal with existing vehicle issues, I can sympathise with your frustrations.
Ritz

Post by Ritz »

Just had another update from the dealer and they are still expecting it by 11th August.
Emperor

Post by Emperor »

Collecting 7th June.! Dealer says he's going to put up banners, roll out the red carpet , pop the champagne and get the press in. He simply can't believe the 5months+ wait. He tells me the blue, which he's not seen before "in the flesh" so to speak, is stunning. Here's hoping everything else is!
deguy

Post by deguy »

I finally picked up mine yesterday afternoon. The blue is very nice. I'm still getting used to the keyless operation and stop/start button though!

My dealer did not entertain any thought of any form of compensation for the six month wait when four was originally quoted.
Niro Spirit 2017 HEV in Ocean Blue (German spec similar to First Edition without ADAP)
Previously: Mercedes B-Class 200CDI Autotronic
djbobbins

Post by djbobbins »

Car is now in stock at the dealers! Better get the current car cleaned ready for handing back. Expect to take delivery in about 10 days' time.
Emperor

Post by Emperor »

Took mine home last Saturday after a 5 months 3 week wait. Very iimpressed. Smooth, quiet and already very economical.(52mpg) The Ocean Blue is quite stunning even if it shows a bit more dust than my past two metallic grey vehicles and many friends have been very complimentary of the colour and "sleek" profile.
My 10 year old blind grandson has delighted in the fact I can now hear (and without my hearing aids!) what he is saying from the back seat, whilst on the move. He has already been telling me when I'm driving on electric only and loves the welcome and goodbye tunes! My wife likes the fact she no longer has to shout over my old throbbing Diesel engine to be heard.
I'd read the pick up was poor but certainly doesn't seem to be and so far have had no need for sport mode, even when joining or leaving a motorway.
Have yet to digest all the techie modes and am considering getting an apple phone after my son-in-law demonstrated all the voice control features etc through his, via Apple Car Play.
A long wait but looking as though it's been worth it!

IMG_0551.JPG

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post