Newbie Here

New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
AyeAye

Post by AyeAye »

Does the cost of running and maintaining a hybrid differ much to that of a normal petrol car - servicing etc.?

I hear the battery lasts about 150,000 miles, I also hear the "hybrid battery" or "battery pack" goes for over £3000 if it needs replacing?

I am very tempted by the new Hybrid Kia Niro, just want to check a few details out first before going ahead.

Thanks

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Welcome along - I'd wait and see what the warranty is like on these. I'm sure Kia will offer something decent to reassure you.
Kia Fan

Post by Kia Fan »

I think you won't have to worry about that - don't forget Kia will also be offering their 7 year warranty on this too.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Basically, a hybrid car is one that uses two or more engines i.e. an electric motor and a conventional engine (either petrol or diesel). The electric engine powers the car at lower speeds and petrol engine powers it at higher speeds. A hybrid car like the Kia Niro only conserves fuel and also produces less CO2 emissions.

The ideal hybrid buyer will do most of their mileage in town, where they can make the most of regenerative braking and electric range. Some hybrids are exempt from London's congestion charge, making them popular choices among those who live in the capital.
SBBJT

Post by SBBJT »

7 year warranty will be more than enough for what I need. Also if you lease your Kia Niro it's even less to worry about because you can just hand it back.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post