Insurance

New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
Johnrussell

Post by Johnrussell »

I should be getting my new niro next week, and insurance seems high. I am 74 and wife is 73. The cheapest quote was with an insurance company called Covea, but they have some terrible reviews. Has anyone any experience with them. Oh, we need 90 days in Europe, comprehensive.

Recycleman

Post by Recycleman »

you might want to check the reviews on google, they seem a poor company reading the reviews.
Johnrussell

Post by Johnrussell »

Yes, I saw the bad reviews, and talked to the broker. He said it was always bad reviews on the review sites, and as there were only nine or so reviews, it wasn't bad !!
knea

Post by knea »

No experience with Covea, but you mentioned a broker: when getting the quotes through price comparisons tools - assuming this is what a broker uses, to some extent - Aviva never showed up. I mean, I have only checked the cheapest quotes and aviva wasn't there.
I went directly to their website and the direct quote was genuinely surprising, >30% cheaper than the cheapest quote retrieved by comparisons tools
And yes, they provide options for Europe for a minor fee.
Kia Niro HEV First Edition, 2017, White Pearl
Johnrussell

Post by Johnrussell »

Thanks knea I'll check Aviva now and let you know how we get on
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi johnrussell. Always found LV (Liverpool Victoria) good, although not cheapest but for our Niro 1st year went with Kia insurance quote! Although the their excesss was£ 350, they were offering £250 voucher to use if the excess was triggered! . No sure about European cover though.
As we have all read, under 25's and over 65's are now paying higher premiums, I am going to be sitting down next year when my quotes arrive.
h2onorth
Johnrussell

Post by Johnrussell »

I checked Aviva, but the European is only third party. Can't risk that. Looks like it's saga again
Bigtone1965

Post by Bigtone1965 »

Aviva please there quote was £1300 .
Hastings I was using for some reason went through the roof .
I have since looked around and settled for a good cover from Tesco bank I did pay a little more to add
Full comp to European cover for up to 90 days
Recycleman

Post by Recycleman »

Have you tried the NFU, mine came in on a Niro 2 at £370 after ncd and includes road rescue. On the back of the certificate of insurance is an international certificate of insurance but doesn't say if it is full comp
Johnrussell

Post by Johnrussell »

I emailed NFU and had a reply back that they had found quotes in my area had been unsuccessful, so if I was looking on price alone they would not be in a position to quote !!!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post