Insurance

New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
Splang

Post by Splang »

My niro2 is £276 with no claims protection and no voluntary excess - admiral

Johnrussell

Post by Johnrussell »

After loads of talking, the best deal we could get was £354.32, which includes legal protection,hire vehicles, etc etc, but best of all, as we travel in Europe for long winter breaks, comprehensive insurance in Europe. Saga have been the most helpful, and discounted us as loyal customers. Well pleased
Topicalcat

Post by Topicalcat »

I have posted on another thread about group ratings. These are set by Thatcham an insurance funded crash centre founded in 1969 and highly respected. They get their hands on every new car model to take it apart and work out the likely repair costs. Having done this for over 40 years they have built up expertise in this field. They also factor in the cars performance, safety features such as autonomous breaking and write off value.

The nub is that whilst they produce group ratings these are advisory. So if your insurer wants to put a Niro into a higher group they can do. Along with all the other factors such as age, where you live, previous claims experience etc etc helps explain the wide difference in quotes though that quote from Aviva looks rather mad. .

My last car, a Hyundai IX35 was insured with Aviva, they give 90 days comprehensive European cover for a modest extra charge in my case of £28. All insurance gives third party cover in Europe as a matter of course, hence the certificate of insurance includes list of countries. To have comprehensive cover abroad you need this to appear on the policy schedule. Might change after Brexit - probably for the worse, something else they didn't tell us about!

I had the same issue with NFU when I asked for a quote as they do not offer cover in my postcode. They are an excellant insurer but very picky!
🚙
Steve

Post by Steve »

My insurance cost me £263 fully comp protected , and that is with one accident , I'm 62 and insured with Direct Line ...... Apparently your insurance starts going up after the age of 65
Steve
Niro 2 in Black . LED headlight conversion .
Previous car.... Ford Kuga 163 . 2011
Pippy. Polo

Post by Pippy. Polo »

Could try quote me happy. Com thay are under written by avvia very competitive prices

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post