New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
RichS

Post by RichS »

Hi everyone.
I have been following posts on here for quite a while, but having just taken the plunge and ordered a Niro 2 + ADAP , I felt I had to join the forum properly.
On the test-drive I found myself immediately in a traffic jam, and it was almost a pleasure! The rest certainly was.
Without ADAP I could have had something pretty soon, but I am being quoted 12 weeks at the moment.
Fortunately my trusty Renault Scenic is all mine and has a long MOT!
I wanted the dealer to fit all-season tyres at delivery, but they would have charged me much more than KwikFit and didn't want the "old" ones....
My thanks to member AlanHo for his wonderful review of the Niro on the forum - it was much more informative than anything the journalists produce.
I am now looking forward to my Christmas "present"

Steve

Post by Steve »

Why fit all-season tyres , there is nothing wrong with the Michelin tyres on the car , and remember all-season tyres will be noisy .
Steve
Niro 2 in Black . LED headlight conversion .
Previous car.... Ford Kuga 163 . 2011
deguy

Post by deguy »

I've just put my winter tyres on and they are much quieter than the summer tyres that were factory fitted (OK, they are narrower too)
Niro Spirit 2017 HEV in Ocean Blue (German spec similar to First Edition without ADAP)
Previously: Mercedes B-Class 200CDI Autotronic
JimT

Post by JimT »

Hi, Rich, and welcome to the forum.
Now: niro 2 (red)
Previous cars:
Citroen C3 Picasso (auto)
Renault grand scenic 1.5dci on 17" wheels (awful)
RichS

Post by RichS »

Steve wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:39 pm Why fit all-season tyres , there is nothing wrong with the Michelin tyres on the car , and remember all-season tyres will be noisy .
I'll probably be visiting Germany where they demand "snowflake" tyres in the winter months.
Good all-season tyres fit the bill, and I know from experience how much better they cope with snow than the standard issue tyres.
I have them on my current car and haven't found noise to be an issue.
niroal

Post by niroal »

For the 16” rims I would recommend Michelin Cross Climates. I have changed my Renault Zoe to them from the standard Michelin EV energy tyres. They are quieter, much better grip in wet & no appreciable change in the range. If I get a Niro I am going to fit them & keep the OEM tyres to fit back when I sell.
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post