Mode button - LH side of steering wheel.

New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
Hopp

Post by Hopp »

The mode button on my Niro 4 switches between AM, FM/DAB and USB.
My user manual it says it should switch between AM, FM/DAB, USB and My Music.
My Music is missing - it is presumably a hard drive.

User manual says it should be there and shows that it allows USB music files to be marked for copying to My Music.
Since I ripped some of my CD's to a USB Flash Drive this would be a useful feature.

Could reason for this be that I do not have a smartphone connected?
Seems unlikely.

Any ideas anyone ?

Suman

Post by Suman »

If you have My Music enabled, it's possible that it won't show up until you've actually copied music to it from your USB drive. Perhaps plugin in your USB drive and copy some files over, then see if it appears.
Kia Stinger GTS in Panthera Metallic Grey
Previously: Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White, Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo
Pippy. Polo

Post by Pippy. Polo »

I also don't have this option how do I enable it first?
Pippy. Polo

Post by Pippy. Polo »

Suman wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:56 am If you have My Music enabled, it's possible that it won't show up until you've actually copied music to it from your USB drive. Perhaps plugin in your USB drive and copy some files over, then see if it appears.
How do i do this ie copy music across thanks for your help
Suman

Post by Suman »

Pippy. Polo if it's enabled on your Niro (It wasn't on my car but I haven't checked since I had the firmware updated) you can do it via instructions on page 5/23 from the instruction manual which can be downloaded from here:

https://carmanuals2.com/get/kia-niro-20 ... nual-99670

Note however that this isn't the same as the UK manual I got so it's quite possible that it's not available on UK cars.
Previously: Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White, Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo
Pippy. Polo

Post by Pippy. Polo »

OK thanks will look at that info however I am in the UK so may not work thank you once again though
niroal

Post by niroal »

My understanding is UK do not have the onboard hard drive that some US cars have.
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
Pippy. Polo

Post by Pippy. Polo »

Oh noooo 😱 OK thanks for the info thought this was a great idea so I can connect my phone and still play some mp3 files
Suman

Post by Suman »

One solution is to play your MP3 files via Bluetooth on the phone. Alternatively, use Android Auto or Carplay for a better experience, especially if you have a lot of data and one of the music subscriptions.

I have a google play music subscription and I do like being able to play pretty much any song or album I can think of just by pressing the voice button and saying "Play <track> by <artist>" when Android Auto is running.
Pippy. Polo

Post by Pippy. Polo »

Um OK that sounds like a idea just need to transfer my mp3 music. To my phone and then I can connect it using the cable and android auto as well thank you for that idea