Niro PHEV on order

New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
niroal

Post by niroal »

My status has changed from a looker to a physical order. We should have our Graphite PHEV by the end of the month so the wait is on!
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite

JimT

Post by JimT »

Congratulations. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Now: niro 2 (red)
Previous cars:
Citroen C3 Picasso (auto)
Renault grand scenic 1.5dci on 17" wheels (awful)
Steve

Post by Steve »

There is a Niro PHEV 3 , in white pearl ( Demo) for sale on ebay at a price of £21.995 , registered October 2017 with 4999 miles on the clock .... And they cost £28.000 on the road after PiCG .... So in just 1 and a half months , its lost £6, 005 ... And yet the Niro HEV 2 and 3 are fetching a similar price for the same year , but cost a lot less when new ..... Interesting

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KIA-NIRO-1-6 ... SwzppZ~on-
Steve
Niro 2 in Black . LED headlight conversion .
Previous car.... Ford Kuga 163 . 2011
niroal

Post by niroal »

Thanks Jim, I am getting excited now, looking at accessories etc!!

Steve as it is a demo I assume the dealer will have to hold it for at least 3 months so the loss is not quite as bad as that, but still pretty severe.
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi guys. Yes the pricing of phev is interesting, at its new price it's hard to justify but around 21 k its more of a possible.
Over the next 2 years phev and ev cars are expected to align themselves price wise with IC cars so watch this space.
h2onorth
niroal

Post by niroal »

Personally I can't see PHEV prices aligning with ICE prices as you are effectively paying for 2 powerplants.
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
Suman

Post by Suman »

I don't see the economic benefits of the PHEV at list price to be honest. Even if you charged and used the maximum range every day, that's 365 x 30 miles - 10950 miles a year on battery power.

Given that electric power works out at around 2p a mile and the regular HEV at 60mpg works out at around 9p a mile, you're saving 7p a mile over 10950 miles.

This is a maximum fuel saving of only £766.50 a year over the Niro 2 - completely outweighed by the additional purchase price and the cost of fitting a charging wallbox.
Kia Stinger GTS in Panthera Metallic Grey
Previously: Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White, Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo
niroal

Post by niroal »

Suman wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:48 am I don't see the economic benefits of the PHEV at list price to be honest. Even if you charged and used the maximum range every day, that's 365 x 30 miles - 10950 miles a year on battery power.

Given that electric power works out at around 2p a mile and the regular HEV at 60mpg works out at around 9p a mile, you're saving 7p a mile over 10950 miles.

This is a maximum fuel saving of only £766.50 a year over the Niro 2 - completely outweighed by the additional purchase price and the cost of fitting a charging wallbox.
The PHEV is 3 spec with ADAP included so compared to a 3 so equipped it is £2510 extra for the PHEV. The PHEV on retail sales includes a wallbox so there is no extra cost for that.

As an aside, I've just put the same £5350 deposit on a 3 year PCP scheme for the PHEV & a 3 with ADAP and the PHEV is £50 a month more so slightly less than the £766.50 max use.

To break even you have to do 714 miles a month which is a full charge used 20 days a month if you do get 36 miles range. If you go to London the 29g/km means free congestion charge.

Mine is leased on personal contract hire & the difference is less than £20 a month from memory, but I don't get a wallbox, but as our other car is a full electric Zoe we already have a compatible wallbox. If you don't have one they are around £275 after the OLEV grant.

However the more powerful motor makes the PHEV much perkier off the line than the standard HEV so it is not just the economic savings
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
niroal

Post by niroal »

I am collecting the car first thing Wednesday so not long to wait now!!
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
steath

Post by steath »

niroal wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:44 am My status has changed from a looker to a physical order. We should have our Graphite PHEV by the end of the month so the wait is on!
End of the month is quick! I'm being estimated February 2018 for a model 3 PHEV in midnight black. Ordered mine last week.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post