Speed warning on sat nav

New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
davyjon

Post by davyjon »

Had my niro level 2 1 year tomorrow..great car. Just read post about speed warnings on sat nav if you have smart phone. How does that work? Is that using google maps rather than in built sat nav? Would that use data on phone?
My first blog !

Old Salt

Post by Old Salt »

I'm guessing you may be hinting at the Speed Camera Warnings. I'm unsure if the Niro 2 has the Android Auto enabled, but I do use my smartphone as a wifi hotspot. You can get the Kia Hotspot app from Playstore and it works well if you don't have Android 8 installed on your phone. As for data usage, mine averages 500 mb a month. There is a video on Youtube which explains how to set it all up (Link below). In addition to speed camera warning, there is very up to date traffic alerts and weather.

David
MY22 Kia Niro 2 - Pearl White

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise
dmrodgers

Post by dmrodgers »

All that is needed to activate speed camera warnings is to activate Personal Hotspot in the phone settings. Your phone will then connect to the SatNav unit and give your warnings when approaching speed cameras. This will however use data on your phone so unless you have a good monthly data allowance you could end up paying for going over your limit. As mentioned by 'old salt' depening on how much you use the phone with the car and your mileage 500mg or less is a realistic amount of data.
MY18 Niro 4 Graphite
Topicalcat

Post by Topicalcat »

Better to go over your data limit on your mobile phone than get caught going over the speed limit in your car! The penalties on your licence, speed awareness course if you are lucky and the inctease on your insurance premium would pay for years worth of mobile phone data!

Never had a speeding ticket but ever vigilant.
🚙
Steve

Post by Steve »

Never trust any sat nav for speed indication , as speed limits are changing all the time , just keep your eyes on the road signs
Steve
Niro 2 in Black . LED headlight conversion .
Previous car.... Ford Kuga 163 . 2011
Topicalcat

Post by Topicalcat »

Sat nav working off GPS ought to be reliable unless you go round and round a roundabout!
🚙

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post