Niro PHEV compared to Hyundai Ioniq plug-in?

New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
dejayem

Post by dejayem »

I just joined the forum and I am thinking of getting a Niro PHEV. I have had a test drive and really liked it. I am also considering a Hyundai Ioniq plug-in mainly because I am worried about the amount of boot space. However I just had another look at both and I am thinking that although the Niro has less space on paper it is more usable. How do others find the stowage space in the Niro?
Thanks

h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi dejayem . I have hybrid but I believe the PHEV may have slightly less in terms of boot space. inside particularly rear seats have generous amount of room for car dimensions. I can just get 2chid seats and a booster in the rear but not 2child seats and a normal sized adult ( petite and flexible only please) The boot of the hybrid will just take a dismantled pushchair if care is taken in p!acement and removal! Other smaller bags and shopping can just sqeeze in but I agree it's perhaps not for everyday capacity for a young family. My daughter has kept her estate car for exactly this reason until the electric versions of normal estates are available.
h2onorth
Suman

Post by Suman »

Whilst I know that this is a Niro forum, since you're concerned about boot space, have you considered the Kia Optima Estate PHEV? They can be had nearly new (67 plate) for less than £25,000.
Kia Stinger GTS in Panthera Metallic Grey
Previously: Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White, Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo
dejayem

Post by dejayem »

Thanks for the replies. I think it will probably be OK as I could put the seats down when we have a lot of luggage for holidays etc (our children are grown up now). I was just wondering how practical owners here have found it.
AndyD

Post by AndyD »

I was originally sceptical too. I have the PHEV and though smaller than others, the boot is well shaped, accommodating holiday luggage for two under the cover. The plug-in lacks the underfloor storage of the regular Niro however so fewer places for odds n ends.
UK PHEV in White Pearl.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post