a total newbie intro

New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
sandokan

Post by sandokan »

Hello my name is Sandokan and i am new to the site-next Thursday i will be having my 2nd test drive in the plug in phev and i think i will take the plunge my other choice would have been a Mitsubishi Juro but the Kia seems to have more safety features and i am very safety concious hopefully it will be my first Mobility car and was wondering-is it worthwhile asking for freebies or is it a set procedure with no added incentives available- i will hopefully be part exchanging my smart four two if the dealership will take it also what is the most popular charging point for home use i am afraid i am a complete novice in this area so please be patient with me-thank you happy miles .

tonybkent

Post by tonybkent »

Hi Sandokan. I'm a new Niro PHEV owner and took delivery last week. I'm very impressed and am still getting used to all the new features.

With regards to deals, I guess it's always worth a try. The results will depend on the dealer, but my guess is that with the PHEV being on factory order and quite sought after, this might be difficult. I was looking at Sportages before I discovered the PHEV and there were loads of deals as they were two-a-penny. I was lucky enough to find one of the very last in stock and got it in about 10 days.

Kia will arrange the installation of the home charging point so I don't think there will be a choice of unit. Mine is in the early stages of ordering so I don't have a timescale yet. You can use the three pin socket in the meantime, but definitely do not, repeat, do not use it with any form of extension cable. Only straight into a wall socket that you know then goes directly into your ring main. Not even a short extension from an outside wall socket that runs through to indoors. It will overheat the extension plug badly.

I hope you manage to get hold of one. You won't be disappointed!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post